Search This Blog

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Doing a



I've been in a foul mood for the past couple of days. I'll be leaving sometime this summer and I want to leave the library in good hands so my work isn't wasted. Unfortunately, the guys that are there right now don't seem to want to work, just hang out instead. This has been added stress on top of the stress of going home soon and facing all the unknowns that will meet me there, including the challenges I'm not even aware of right now.

I went to the worship service tonight. On each fifth Saturday of the month - usually one out of every three months has one - a worship band from Midlothian or Red Oak comes to do an all-music service. When I was in the choir, this was the only time that I was able to actually worship and now it's the only service I attend. All the other services have messages that I can't really relate to.

During this service I was able to just sing and allow God's love and grace wash over me. Music has always been a powerful force in my life and tonight was no different. I feel buoyed after praising my Creator, knowing that He has it all covered.

After the service I went to one the volunteers to talk and pray. He was about five years older than me so I figured he would be able to relate at least a little, I shared my concerns for my uncertain future and worries about the library, and the guy gave me reassurance that it is normal to stress out and reminded me that God is ready for my trust. After our prayer and farewell I was in a much better mood. It sounds silly but I feel like a pulled 180 tonight out of my funk.

No comments: